Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The 30 day Horror challenge. Day six.

Day 06 – Your favorite vampire movie:

Blacula & Scream, Blacula, Scream

 Ooh, fancy DVD set. On the Amazon wishlist with you!

 I still have my video tapes somewhere.

 UK release.

 From a t-shirt.

Great poster, but showing the vampire with the stake in his chest is kind of a spoiler, don't you think?
Yes, these movies are kind of cheesy and low budget. In their defense, William Marshall was a fantastic actor, and the 2nd one has Pam Grier. I'd bite her neck any day. As someone once said: "Pam Grier should have a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, and her vagina should have it's own ice cream flavor." (source unknown)
Vampire movies aren't usually my thing, but my love for the "Soul Cinema" genre (I guess Blaxploitation isn't PC anymore) made watching these a must. And if you like horror, this is a great double bill. That's why they're both here, as choosing between them is impossible.

4 comments:

  1. Never heard of "Scream, Blacula, Scream"...adding to my Netflix DVD queue now. "Blacula" is available as a streaming movie on Netflix...maybe I'll watch it tonight. Been a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, cool choice(s). Blacula rules. The Pam Grier quote is truth as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't realize you were doing this - very nice! Also blaxsploitation doesn't fly anymore? Didn't know that haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea mooss, it seems that it's been replaced by "soul cinema". Easier to spell as well.

    ReplyDelete