Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Getting over the hump.

Back again. The hump I refer to is the "try to keep blogging after the initial interest" hump.
I think I'll be around for a while. I missed writing for the last week or so.

Anyhow. I'm watching game 2 of the 1977 World Series. Tom Seaver just got razzed for having given up a grand slam to Burt Hooton at one time. Fun stuff. Just got finished with watching 'The Bronx is Burning', great show from an even better book.

I was laying in bed last night and was thinking about baseball and baseball gloves. My 1st glove was a black Cooper that I got 2nd hand, and I kept that until it was stolen in my early 20's. After that I picked up a black Mizuno 1st base mitt, which I still have, and later on a black Mizuno regular glove.

My glove went with me everywhere I went as a kid. I didn't enjoy school much, had more than my share of bullying and teasing and so I took to spending recess and lunch hours throwing a ball against the wall and catching it. I did a lot of that. I guess it's better than plotting revenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment