Thursday, January 6, 2011

Random card: Jeff Fassero

I watched a ton of Expos games in my time, and one I remember well was pitched by Jeff Fassero. He had a no hitter going with 2 outs in the 9th, blocked a come-backer to the mound, briefly lost track of the ball, and his throw wasn't in time to get the runner.
No question about the call though. The batter was Carlos Garcia, and he was safe. Jay Bell was up next and hit a 2 run homer, but with the score being 10-2, Jeff still got the win (although he didn't get the complete game).  Jeff also hit a triple in the game, but didn't score!
I felt so bad after watching it that I sent him a letter, and he kindly autographed and returned the card I included.


A belated happy birthday to Jeff, his birthday was January 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment